Friday 5 December 1997

Paris Metro

1997

I sit
my universe a cloud about my head like an unseen halo
shrunk
as the universes of those that sit, distant eyed
facing unseen me

i long to shout - i am, i am
but all that comes is fear
and my universe tightens about my self
shrinking away from those who seem
to have had their universes shrunk to less than mine is now

i look for another
who's soul looks out enquiringly as mine
for there are many eyes that surely echo more
than simple reflections of magazines and papers

there, a glimpse as we sway collected on a bend
but no, the brightness hinted seems obscured
or in well accustomed withdrawal
seeks refuge in a page

will i become as they
my universe withdrawn, within my dustcoat
unseen
unwanted
and unloved?



No comments:

Post a Comment

It is better to read than write - try http://www.historyisaweapon.com/zinnapeopleshistory.html

thanks

pop